Does your child or teenager have anxiety about going to school? Our Motto “Don’t let stress, anxiety and negative thinking stand in your way! Achieve your #success identity -CBT & Mind Yoga program to think and feel like a winner!” – If your child or teenager is experiencing anxiety around going to school they are … Continue reading 5 Tips to help your child or teenager over come school related anxiety from New York Psychologist and anxiety expert Dr. Jayme
If you are feeling overwhelmingly anxious, angry or stressed by life, consumed by negative thoughts and over reactive behaviors that are interfering with everyday functioning, relationships and meeting long term goals than come join us for this 8 week workshop. This program will include a needs and personality assessment and include the 3 main effective … Continue reading Stop Reactive Behavior And Negative Thinking 8 Week Group Workshop/Therapy Beginning April 29th, 2013 in NYC
The VRBP (Virtual Reality Biofeedback Program ) is based largely on psychological principals of Exposure therapy and Desensitization. Exposure is delivered through the virtual reality simulator and relaxation training occurs using state of the art biofeedback. Using biofeedback allows you to develop the proper neurological relaxation response and ensures you are you doing it correctly. The change in your system occurs when you are locked into the “relaxation response” using biofeedback while simultaneously being exposed to the flight situations- this reprograms the nervous system to associate new emotions with flying and release anxious feelings.
Treating Fear of Flying Using Biofeedback and Virtual Reality Therapy- See the full study as it was conducted on 40 patients seeking help to overcome their Fear of Flying.
* Do you have difficulty in some situations expressing thoughts, feelings or personal desires?
* Does fear of disapproval hinder your performance?
* Do you find saying “No” so difficult that you commonly endure under desired activity
* Do you have a pattern of suppressing bad feelings until one single event triggers explosions of resentment?
* Do you anticipate rejection or failure if assertive?
* Do you fear all conflict so much that you avoid stating your opinion?
* Do you avoid or suffer high levels of anxiety or discomfort in certain social interactions?
* Do you find yourself ruminating or consumed with worry when facing a threatening situation?
* Do you avoid dating or meeting new people?
If you answered Yes, then consider joining me on Dec 20th for an extensive talk on how Cognitive Group Therapy can help you.
Many people who have not been exposed to meditation in the correct manner discount its value simply because they do not understand that meditation is a skill that needs to be developed. The concept is similar to learning to stand on a balance beam: every time you “fall off” you must get right back on and attempt to refocus your attention. If you are committed to multiple trials within a set period of time (say 15 minutes a day), overtime your ability to mediate will increase and you will reap the many mental and physical rewards.
Breathing our way to happiness
The evidence is piling up in favor of spending some time not only thinking about breathing, but practicing it as well.