If you are feeling overwhelmingly anxious, angry or stressed by life, consumed by negative thoughts and over reactive behaviors that are interfering with everyday functioning, relationships and meeting long term goals than come join us for this 8 week workshop. This program will include a needs and personality assessment and include the 3 main effective types of therapy: cognitive, physical relaxation and desensitization skills, and behavior change.
- 1. Cognitive Part: You will learn the OAR style of organizing your thoughts and thought processing style. You will practice active cognitive therapy techniques and learn to challenge hidden assumptions, negative beliefs and attitudes. You will learn to filter your thought process that drive negative behavior patterns.
- 2. Yoga therapy: You will learn and practice breathing and mediation techniques to calm and balance energy that comes with anxiety, depression, anger and stress. You will learn to develop healthier breathing and posture techniques to combating these mood swings and reactions to feeling threatened. You will have opportunity to practice and perfect breathing patterns using advanced Biofeedback technology
- 3. You will learn/practice specific guided imagery , self talk techniques, coping thoughts and techniques to use when you feel upset, start ruminating and obsessing.
- 4. Behavior and Assertion: You will learn and practice assertive techniques for asking for what you want, saying no, gaining information and activating self-care when you need to, dealing with social anxiety, shyness and passive-aggressiveness.
- 5. Talk/Share/Practice: You will have opportunity in each session to talk about your experience with the techniques and areas of your life that you are working to improve.
WHEN: The group begins on Monday, April 29, 2013 at 7:30pm to 8:30pm.
WHO: Seating is extremely limited. There are a handful of spots open as of 4/13/2013. You MUST BE PRE- REGISTERED TO ATTEND THIS PROGRAM.The program will be led by Dr Jayme Albin personally See about Dr Albin for more info.
FEE/INSURANCE:Price for the workshop, group therapy is $75 per session Or $550 total 8 weeks without insurance. Out of network health insurance benefits can be applied. Discounted slide fee scale for financial hardship or for existing clients of the practice/already in therapy. Email us your Full name, dob and insurance card front and back (scan or digital photo) and we will see what is covered.
WHERE: This workshop/group will be held be held in our 2 midtown office locations on East 56th Street and East 66th, New York, NY, 10022
Phone: 212-631-1133 Ext 1