Stress Management NYC: “The Micro Break” and a highly stressful work environment.
Behavior research says the Micro break can maximize mental performance & off set the pressure of highly demanding work days.
The esssential the do’s and don’t of micro breaks to maximize your performance
1. Do: You should take several Micro breaks throughout the day. However, they should only last only 2-7 min.
2. Do: Also use your micro breaks to do mild forms of relaxation exercises or socialize with office mates.
3. Don’t: Avoid socializing via social media this has a negative impact on work outlook and mood.
4. Don’t – Avoid tasks that require the same mental skills you need at work (reading news feeds, shopping online or paying personal bills)
5. Do- Indulge mildly in Caffeine. Caffeine can buffer feelings from energy deficiency. But do avoid sugar and carb snaking since research shows this is more about a habit than boosting energy.
6.Do take breaks on your busiest days. This is when you will benefit from them most.
For Stress management NYC tips sign up for our blog or schedule a consultation with Dr. Albin today.